Game of Thrones LCG Unofficial UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN

3 posters

Go down

What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN Empty What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN

Post by Mach Tue 7 Apr - 13:54

Burn. BURN. ¿¿¿¿¿BURN¿¿¿¿¿

As a (mostly, alright exclusively) Lannister player, Targ burn terrifies me. Having a six card setup reduced to 2 locations, and a discard pile full of Tommen, Doubting Septa and gold weenies because of first turn Threat from the North, is a constant worry. So I'm pulling a Tyrion and switching to team Targ (hopefully avoiding any bondage with Captain Friendzone...)

But where is it in the meta right now? With Daenerys being Targ's number one choice for restricted, is burn necessary for character control? What is the burn deck?

Or isn't there a burn deck, just lots of uses for burn alongside Targ's other stuff (Dothraki horde with Incinerate/Kings of Summer Aggro with Ambush). Is HoD Dragonpit too slow? Will Knights of the Hollow Hill ever come back to its former glory?
Mach
Mach

https://www.jackmach.in

Back to top Go down

What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN Empty Re: What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN

Post by JCWamma Tue 7 Apr - 20:45

I think burn right now is all about Harpy's Scourge, using the powerful Targaryen characters (Dany, Pyat Pree, either the newst Khal Drogo or the "targetted kill when you win a power challenge" one) and the Harpy's Scourge to force through those important challenges, getting multiple challenges through thanks to the Handmaidens. Threat is obviously great there, as is Desolate Passage (amazing with new Drogo and Pyat Pree, especially). It's very card intensive though for obvious reasons. I know the NYC player Dave Stromes (Vaapad) loves this deck, but he runs it Conquest to (or from) Lannister so he can use the Lanni draw. If I remember rightly Jack, you ran something like this at The Winter Crown? Do you still have that list? It could be a good starting point (and if not it could at least be good for a chuckle).
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN Empty Re: What we talk about when we talk we talk about BURN

Post by wedge Wed 8 Apr - 0:08

I think the problem with all burn decks at the moment is that they lost either Dany or their restricted card. And they weren't bonkers strong to start with. The problem with playing straight burn has always been armies, and A&A means that more armies than normal are floating about. 2 cost flanks will cause huge problems for dedicated burn decks. Burn is a good answer to Lanni, Quentyn, and some Greyjoy, but there are too many decks that make bad match-ups in my opinion to make it a good tournament choice.

I guess I should also point out the flaws in any deck that is dependent on an attachment. I have made several decks that have harpy's scourge as a key card, but i don't think you can ever rely on it. Using Lanni for draw can work well, but makes you particularly vulnerable to Newly made lords or any other decent location control
wedge
wedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mach Wed 8 Apr - 7:55

I loved the Targ Conq Lanni deck, but it kinda got nailed in the last FAQ when it lost either Dany or Pentoshi Manor.

It also shouldn't have won anything to begin with, I put this together IRL rather than using an online deckbuilder, so there's some weirdness in there (2x Zollo, as many influence requiring events as influence, only refugees as non-uniques).

Characters (30)

3x - Refugee of the Plains
1x - Brown Ben Plumm
2x - Zollo
1x - Tommen
1x - Penny
1x - Viserys (Prized)
1x - Ser Kevan Lannister (Gains a power if you control a lord)
1x - Aegon Targaryen
1x - Missandei
1x - Janos Slynt
1x - Pyat Pree
1x - Joffrey Baratheon (Core)
1x - Margaery Tyrell (Dual house kneeler)
1x - Ser Arys Oakheart
1x - Darrio Naharis
1x - Jhogo
1x - Ser Jorah Mormont (Ally hate)
2x - Daenerys Targaryen
1x - Ser Jaime Lannister (Noble, renown, Stand any phase)
1x - Cersei Lannister (Non Kneeling)
1x - Mad King Aerys
1x - Ser Barristan Burny
1x - Tywin Lannister
1x - Khal Drogo (Bouncy)
1x - The Second Sons
1x - The Golden Shower Company

Locations (24)

1x - Street of Silk
1x - Street of Sisters
1x - Street of Steel
1x - River Row
2x- Temple of the Graces
1x - Tyrosh
2x - Meereen Tourney Grounds
2x - Kingsroad (Summer)
2x - Eastern Fiefdoms
3x - Pentoshi Manor
1x - Harrenhal
1x - The Mander
1x - Great Pyramid of Meereen
1x - Meraxes
1x - Lannisport Brothel
1x - Golden Tooth Mines
2x - The Iron Throne

Events (6)

2x - Incinerate
2x - Fire Made Flesh
2x - Distinct Mastery

Attachments (1)

1x - Khal

Plots (7)

1x - The Power of Blood
1x - Red Wedding
1x - Valar Morghulis
1x - Threat from the North
1x - Men of Pride
1x - Retaliation
1x - They Lay With Lions

Mach
Mach

https://www.jackmach.in

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Thu 9 Apr - 15:55

There's a few similarities to my list, but also quite a few differences. This is the list I've got at the moment:

House Targaryen
Conquest (Lannister)

Plots (8):
Betrayal at the Wall
Threat from the North
Desolate Passage
A Stay of Execution
King's Landing Coup
Game of Thrones
Retaliation!
The Aftermath

Characters (28):
3x Daenerys Targaryen (C&D)
1x Tywin Lannister (Kingsroad)
1x Mad King Aerys
2x Khal Drogo (DotN)
1x Pyat Pree
1x Ser Barristan Selmy (ToC)
1x Jhogo (Brotherhood)
1x Viserys Targaryen (C&D)
2x Irri
2x Jhiqui
3x Refugee of the Plains
1x Black Hatchling (DotN)
1x Young Griff
1x Magister Illyrio (BtNS)
3x Dragon Thief
2x Dragon Knight
1x Janos Slynt (TK)
1x The Second Sons

Locations (20):
3x Summer Sea
2x Eastern Fiefdoms
1x Queen Cersei's Chambers
1x Khal Drogo's Tent
1x Tyrosh
1x Street of Sisters
1x Street of Silk
1x Shadowblack Lane
1x Meraxes
1x Meereen Tourney Grounds
2x Meereenese Fighting Pit
3x Golden Tooth Mines
1x The Mander
1x The Iron Throne

Attachments (6):
3x Harpy's Scourge
1x Widow's Wail
2x Flame-Kissed

Events (6):
3x Ambush from the Plains
3x To Be A Dragon
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum