Game of Thrones LCG Unofficial UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere

4 posters

Go down

[08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere Empty [08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere

Post by markdrive Fri 6 Feb - 11:19

Dark Sphere will be holding an official Game of Thrones Store Championship on the 8th of February

Format: 4+swiss rounds with a Single Elimination top cut. Number of rounds and size of top cut depends on the number of players.

Prizes will be from the store championship kit.
The Winner will receive a first round bye at a regional, and a Store Champion Plaque.
Top 4: A Playmat depicting Tyrion Lannister
Top 8: A Cardboard Deckbox featuring Tyrion Lannister
Top 32: An Alternate Art Street of Sisters

Card Legality: Cards from any pack available on general release in the UK by the 3rd of February will be legal. Proxies will not be permitted. Draft format cards from unreleased packs will not be permitted. Deck lists will be required on the day.

Entry £6. (Payable on the day)
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

[08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere Empty Re: [08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere

Post by Vince Fri 6 Feb - 12:52

I'll be there Smile. Go London go !
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

[08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere Empty Re: [08 Feb] store championship at Dark Sphere

Post by JCWamma Sat 7 Feb - 17:16

Who are we expecting to be there? This is my list so far (no particular order):

1) Me
2) Tagore
3) Vince
4) Marco
5) Marek
6) Mike Haynes
7) Dave
8) Waffle
9) Lol
10) Mike Clarke

Any more I've overlooked? I understand the Norwichinhos and Ian can't make it, but beyond that I don't know of more who can.
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Sun 8 Feb - 22:00

16 of us in the end - the 10 mentioned above plus Ryan Wood, Hadleigh, Rowan, Rheece and Bambi, and Darren Clare. A nice round number and a really cool turnout to get for a store championship!

I can't remember all of the standings, though hopefully Tagore will post them. These were the standings I could remember (EDIT: more filled in now thanks to people clearing things up for me):

1) Michael Haynes - Targaryen - Black Sails - Long Lances (4-0)
2) James Waumsley - Baratheon - No Agenda - Narrow Escape (3-1)
3) Michael Clarke - Targaryen - Black Sails - Long Lances (3-1)
4) Marco Guida - Targaryen - Kings of Summer - Bungled Orders (3-1)
--------------------
5) Lol Craven - Greyjoy - No Agenda - Search & Detain (3-1)
6) Ryan Wood - Bara - Dark Wings, Dark Words - ??? (2-2)
7) Tagore Nakornchai - Martell - Aloof & Apart - Bannermen (2-2)
8) Vince Teule - Martell - Dark Wings, Dark Words - The Red Keep (2-2)
9) Dave Bamford - Baratheon - Conquest (Lanni) - Fear of Winter (2-2)
10) Marek Ustmyenko - Baratheon - No Agenda - Val (2-2)
11) Rowan Gavin - Martell - Kings of Summer - Bannermen  (2-2)
12) Jamie Bamfield - Lanni - Dark Wings, Dark Words - Castellan (1-3)
13) Darren Clare - Targ - HoD (Pentos) - Fear of Winter (1-3)
14) Rheece Kennedy - Greyjoy - HoD (Longship Iron Wind) - Negotiations (1-3)
15) Simon Naye - Martell - No Agenda - The Conclave (1-3)
16) Hadleigh Lacey - Lannister - Dark Wings, Dark Words - Negotiations (0-4)

In the cut:
1 beat 4
2 beat 3

2 beat 1

I was fortunate enough to close this one out. Thanks to everyone who showed up today, I will try to do a full tournament report over the next day or so and put my decklist up in the decks section :).

Last edited by JCWamma on Sun 8 Feb - 22:15; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : More information)
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Sun 8 Feb - 22:04

Marek restricted was val
Darren was fear of winter
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Sun 8 Feb - 22:06

And Rheece restricted was negotiations Smile
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Sun 8 Feb - 22:16

Cheers Marco, and congrats on your performance!
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Mon 9 Feb - 12:33

Thank you everybody for coming, it was a very nice moment Smile. And it was also good to see we were 16 Smile.

I'll try to produce a report of my tournament, please forgive the mistakes I make ^^.

Well, if I have to start somewhere, I'll have to start a few weeks ago. Truth is: I'm a Greyjoy player. But for some reasons, it's more than likely that' I'll focus on Martell and Baratheon decks for the coming months. Therefor I started building Martell decks first. I took a quick look at the cards, the new ones as the old ones, and decided I was willing to build something to manipulate icons, I built it in Maesters fro the chains and a few commbos here and there. the deck was really fun to play and I had some very good moments, but after nuermous defeats online as well as offline, I decided to move on, last Thursday night after our weekly practice in Darksphere.

I wanted something I haven't seen before, so I went on with DWDW. Not seen before and allows you to be quite toolboxy, which with me being a Martell noob would allow me to see more of the House more quickly. I builty the event module and fell asleep ^^. I finished the deck on Saturday adding quickly a gold module, a few synergies here and there, and forgetting a lot of obvious things. But still here it was. The first time I played with the deck was with MikeCobra for one turn before the start of the tournament. But well I had a not so bad feeling Smile.

Round1 with Marek Bara NoA
It's the first time I meet Marek, he is a very nice guy living in London for a few years now (if you ever read these lines, sorry for making you realise it man Wink ), coming from Poland. If the deck goes along with the flow of the moment, I most likely know 95% of his cards. So to be honest I was expecting a strong deck, a good opponent, and wasn't disappointed in the end. He gets to a quick start Fetching Val and with LS at Set-up. He gets a lot of cards in his hand, I try to temp as much as I can. Already preparing for a Valar that would kill both of them. Turn 2, he draws 3 cards pre-plot, I realise he has a lot of cards in hand. I take a look at my plotline: ah! I knew Rule by decree would be useful Very Happy. Bloum he plays Forgotten plans, I play Rule. And I smile. And he smiles. And I cried, a little. LS standing, seriously... I need to play more than I do... Even more when you'll read the coming words: I had a Nightmares in my hand at that moment... From that moment my valar became even more crucial, it happend the turn after and worked out quite well in the end. I succeeded in getting quite high in powers and then we arrived to the Sixth turn for which he played Retaliation and I played Forgotten Plans if I'm right. I'm on 13, he is on 8 or 9. I know he has a Favor in hand, but I decide to play both Arianne and the Viper, knowing very well that if he took the viper he would not kneel to attack. In the end he took the viper and played a couple other characters aside. And there the long plan came into action. I went for an intrigue challenge with the prized Doran and Arianne, went for the claim and... discarded Harrenhal \o/ ! Doran did his job and that's a stolen victory, yes mister Very Happy ! On the moment I'm quite pleased by how th things turned out, more than the outcome by itself ^^. Now to be honest both Marek and I made mistaked during the game, but in the end our mistake kind of leveled each other. Well anyway. I'm happy Smile.
1-0

And here comes...
Round2with MikeCobra Targ BS
A bit like for the previous match-up, I know the deck quite well. JCWamma took good care a few months ago to show me that it could crush my Lanni Maester with its eyes closed and hands tied behind his back with a whig at a Dothraki wedding. But, I was sort of meant to be lucky enough to hold up for this game. Basically I had Prince's Wrath and recursed it every turn with Open Market which helped me hold Danny down for the whole game. From my point of view I managed to keep the game even as much as possible, but I was struggling to do so while Mike looked like he was going at it quite easily. One of the turn of the galme was the 4th turn. He played Threat from the north and I played Valar. Only, my sole character was the Viper. I ttok my chance at playing it, but obviously Mike is a good player and played the Flames Kissed he has just fetched on it. Putting me behind for a few more turns. I manage to hold on until the 7th turn, whe I wasn't too far from him in power, but the draw of Jhogo on his Aftermath turn, added still to Dany and Jorah made it too much for me. That's a loss for me. In the end I really enjoyed this game. I managed luckily to hold on to him as much as I could and I hope provided then a nice opposition for Mike. but in the end the best side won and that's sort of reassuring as well ^.
1-1

And then came the only game that mattered, even if it was the shortest of the four, I really enjoyed it
Round3 Bambi Lanni DWDW
It was a true pleasure to play against you Smile. I like the mind you put in the games Very Happy ! When I think about it now, I have a feeling quite similar to the game with Mikecobra (that I will now call only Coco, because writting Mickecobra each times is too long). So, I have a feeling quite similar to the game with Coco. I managed to try to keep up with him, but he was a whole level above me. He had a very good first turn, that I kind od manage to catch back on the second turn, killing both Cersei and Arys but giving him quite a few prized ion the process. After that he played a GTM added to the Tommen he had, it gave him a lot more draw than I had and gave him a comfortable advance in the game. It was also fun to notice that he always had a one turn advance in the plots, or I was always one turn late ^^. He closed the game a few turn after that quite easily in the end Smile.
Thanks a lot for this game mate, we definitely need to play more often Smile.
1-2

And then came the final round!
Round 4 with Darren Targ HoD Pentos
I played with Darren at BwB last year in Melee, he apperaed quite a nice fellow Smile. I like a lot the way he sees melee, and I must say he has nice ideas for his joust decks as well Very Happy. With this one, his idea was to get strong characters on the field (Mad King, Danny, new Khal, etc.) and keep them here with Attachments. Luckily he didn't see much of the attachments in our game, which helped me to go for a quick finish on my side. but we did a rematch and Khal just crushed me :p.
2-2

It was a very nice tournament, I lost against 2 good decks and players, and won 2 other games I'm happy I won I stayed till the end to watch the legeng continue with Wamma winning his 5th SC in a row. Congrats man Smile.

I hope to see you all soon in London or anywhere else!
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bambi Mon 9 Feb - 14:21

Awesome report Mr T. Albeit you give me way too much credit.

Better lucky than good. That's my moto! Although the luck only turned up in 1 of 3 games Wink
Bambi
Bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down