Game of Thrones LCG Unofficial UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule

+5
Ryan4815
markdrive
Vince
tomdidiot
JCWamma
9 posters

Go down

[Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule Empty [Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule

Post by JCWamma Thu 2 Apr - 12:41

[Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule Tumblr10

Welcome, one and all, to the official announcement of the Battle of Blackwater Bay for 2015!

When: 25th-26th July, 2015
Where: Dark Sphere, 186 Hercules Road, London, SE1 7LD

In other words, same place as last year, and once again the last weekend of July.

Schedule:
Friday
- Pre-Tournament Drinks and Meal. Unlike last year the hosts will actually be on time. Like last year it will involve lots of alcohol and probably getting a cheap deal for the lot of us on an Indian by haggling on Brick Lane.
Saturday
- Joust. As with last year, we will try to get this done in one day, so as to make time for side events on the Sunday and make the event feasible for those can only make the Saturday.
Sunday
- Melee.
- Draft. This will unavoidably clash with Melee, sadly, but last year we still managed a healthy number for both tournaments and we'll be hoping for the same this year.
- Some people have inquired as to 2v2 or Unrestricted tournaments. I suspect that we will not have the time to run these, but if it becomes apparent that enough people want them I'm sure we can try our best to oblige.

Prizes: We will announce exact prize support nearer the time, but rest assured we will do our best to make it amazing.
Cost of Entry: We will confirm this nearer the time, but most likely it will be the same as last year (£15 for the Joust, £6 for a Sunday event, or £20 for Joust AND a Sunday event, plus the cost of a draft pack for those drafting).

We will be providing prize support for all the events in equal measure, except for the grand prize - the winner of the Joust event will receive free entry/accommodation and a first round bye for the 2015 Stahleck Joust tournament.

We will put up a registration form shortly. Until then, if you wish to declare that you're going, just post here, do not forget to mention your favorite house Wink.
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

[Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule Empty Re: [Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule

Post by tomdidiot Thu 2 Apr - 13:03

JCWamma wrote:Welcome, one and all, to the official announcement of the Battle of Blackwater Bay for 2015!

When: 25th-26th July, 2015
Where: Dark Sphere, 186 Hercules Road, London, SE1 7LD

In other words, same place as last year, and once again the last weekend of July.

Schedule:
Friday
- Pre-Tournament Drinks and Meal. Unlike last year the hosts will actually be on time. Like last year it will involve lots of alcohol and probably getting a cheap deal for the lot of us on an Indian by haggling on Brick Lane.
Saturday
- Joust. As with last year, we will try to get this done in one day, so as to make time for side events on the Sunday and make the event feasible for those can only make the Saturday.
Sunday
- Melee.
- Draft. This will unavoidably clash with Melee, sadly, but last year we still managed a healthy number for both tournaments and we'll be hoping for the same this year.
- Some people have inquired as to 2v2 or Unrestricted tournaments. I suspect that we will not have the time to run these, but if it becomes apparent that enough people want them I'm sure we can try our best to oblige.

Prizes: We will announce exact prize support nearer the time, but rest assured we will do our best to make it amazing.
Cost of Entry: We will confirm this nearer the time, but most likely it will be the same as last year (£15 for the Joust, £6 for a Sunday event, or £20 for Joust AND a Sunday event, plus the cost of a draft pack for those drafting).

We will be providing prize support for all the events in equal measure, except for the grand prize - the winner of the Joust event will receive free entry/accommodation and a first round bye for the 2015 Stahleck Joust tournament.

We will put up a registration form shortly. Until then, if you wish to declare that you're going, just post here, message myself or Tagore, or join the facebook group.
Come to this one, or I'll murder you personally!

tomdidiot

Back to top Go down

[Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule Empty Re: [Blackwater Bay 2015] Announcement and Schedule

Post by Vince Thu 2 Apr - 13:43

I'll be there! I don't want Tomdidot hurting himself personally by trying to murder me :p.
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Thu 2 Apr - 14:20

I'll be there! Just posted this on the Italian fb group!
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan4815 Thu 2 Apr - 15:45

Looking forward to it. If the playmat is that art above (or a different depiction of the battle of blackwater) I think that would be really cool.
Ryan4815
Ryan4815

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShrimpEyes Sat 4 Apr - 5:18

I have put in a leave request at work. Just waiting to hear back. If for some reason it gets denied then at least I have got Tagore attempting to murder me to look forward to.
OldShrimpEyes
OldShrimpEyes

http://Www.lolcraven.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShrimpEyes Mon 20 Apr - 21:01

My leave has been approved for the weekend. I'm only an hour or so outside of London but would quite like to make the Friday night activity without having to go home. Would any kind souls be willing to put me up for the night?
OldShrimpEyes
OldShrimpEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Tue 21 Apr - 23:08

Sure
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShrimpEyes Fri 24 Apr - 11:09

Grazie, Marco. Curry+Drinks and Thrones is on!
OldShrimpEyes
OldShrimpEyes

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgit Thu 28 May - 0:11

Booked a room at the Westminster uni place & registered. Woo WOo!!

totalgit

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Thu 28 May - 16:05

Welcome Totalgit \o/ !
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wedge Wed 15 Jul - 23:42

A week and a half to go. I suppose you'd better tell us which FAQ we should be aiming for Smile
wedge
wedge

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Fri 17 Jul - 12:24

We will be using the new FAQ. I'll put word of that fact about.
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Je_suis_Tarly Fri 17 Jul - 16:50

Are decklist required before registration ?

thanx ^^

Je_suis_Tarly

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Fri 17 Jul - 23:33

Hi! Decklists will be required, but they don't need to be submitted in advance - handing them in on the day is perfectly acceptable Smile.
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by wedge Thu 23 Jul - 20:12

There a plan for Friday evening yet?
wedge
wedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down