Game of Thrones LCG Unofficial UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[21 Feb] Rayleigh, Gamerz Nexus SC

4 posters

Go down

[21 Feb] Rayleigh, Gamerz Nexus SC Empty [21 Feb] Rayleigh, Gamerz Nexus SC

Post by OldShrimpEyes Fri 6 Feb - 20:36

Gamerz Nexus in Rayleigh (directly opposite Rayleigh train station) is holding its SC on Saturday 21/02/2015. This will be the last SC for first edition to be held in Essex and it would be great to see as many people there as possible. Lee, the store owner, has been a diamond in pushing organised play for our small meta and it would be a fitting thank you to pack the store out for him and see first edition off in style.

Last years SC was full of drama. Wamma won with clansmen and I nearly died 24 hours later. (These things are unrelated). Let's hope neither of those things happen this year.
OldShrimpEyes
OldShrimpEyes

http://Www.lolcraven.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

[21 Feb] Rayleigh, Gamerz Nexus SC Empty Re: [21 Feb] Rayleigh, Gamerz Nexus SC

Post by Vince Mon 9 Feb - 18:07

I'll definitely be there, and I think Markdrive will as well Smile. Mark?
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Mon 9 Feb - 20:28

I will be! PS is there another sc the following day?
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Tue 17 Feb - 12:10

What time will it start?
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Mon 23 Feb - 16:37

So here is my quick report of the Tournament Smile.

We were 16 in the end. I chose to play a Martell DWDW summer I built a few weeks ago. A bit like for the Maester one I had a great time playing it. It really is toolbox, but my bad plot choices to build the plotline and my lack of management of Harrenhall do not help ^^. Anyway here is my report:

Round1 with Mikecobra in Lannister KotR
When I started the game I thought it could be something I could manage, I have a good idea of what could be in his build and I thought if I play I can do things. In the end he masterered me all the way through. I kind of managed to keep up until my turn of Fear of Winter, for which, as first player, he does the good call to put the Alchemist Guild Hall into shadows, kneeling the Red Viper I played just after him and that was supposed to give me a short lead on the game. Anyway, from that point onward his draw engine being much better than mine he didn't suffer to end the game ^^.

Round 2 with Rowan in Lannister NoA, Clansmen
A bit like before I thought I could deal with the deck, having a nice idea of what he had in his deck. And just like before, in the end he mastered me all the way ^^. The first turn was really long with a few things that could have been done better on both sides. Though I must admit his DbtS and PoW on this first turn were tough on my gameplan. Anyway, the game has been tensed for a few more turns, but Ashemark and the Clansmen got the better on me and my poor little martell characters, ending me with 3 Harry the Riverlands in the last turn Very Happy

Round 3 with Tabatha in Greyjoy NoA
Certainly moved by the will to overflow the board with legions of warships and raiders Tabatha (Tab? Tabby? Tata?) played nearly all her characters in this first turn. Therefor I simply prepared my Valar, especially with summer and an Oberyn's Shield Bearer, to make sure I coudl get the best of it. And it worked Smile. I took the lead after that and managed to win the gaeme \o/ !

Round 4 against Bambi in Targaryen NoA Dothraki
Well this time I had a very good start and could response to everything he tried, he had no influence, and I had a Shadow of the South in hand very early, and therfor in shadow nearly just after ^^. And that was my second win Smile.

After that I could watch ShiftyMcNinja (aka the best of us all) winning an unprobable game with his Lanni KOTHH based on the Viper against JCWamma playing an HoD Highgarden, more or less supposed to rule the Viper ^^.

In the end Becky won in Finale with a really brutal Stark A&A. Congrats Becky \o/! Thanks to you if you read that till the end Smile. See you soon for a new tournaments!
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cobrabubbles Thu 26 Feb - 19:38

My inevitable TR is up, check it here if you're interested. WARNING: Contains very lengthy discussion of jank.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/blog/73/entry-490-the-shagga-problem-revisited-rayleigh-sc/

cobrabubbles
cobrabubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down